The Brisbane based promotion, which had previously been amateur exclusive, had earlier this year introduced professional bouts to their cards. Girdham walked away with the bantamweight title after a five-round battle on Saturday night at YMCA Bowen Hills in Brisbane, Queensland.
With this win, the Sydney based fighter moves his professional record to 4-0 and in the process captures his first professional title. In a recent interview Girdham did with Fight News Australia, the youngster was already lining up his next opponent and is chasing a bout against fellow bantamweight Julian “Julz The Jackal” Wallace.
It’s a disappointing result for Gladstone based Moses who has lost back-to-back after previously being disqualified due to an illegal strike earlier this year. Like his opponent, Moses is young in his MMA career and to go five rounds in a title fight is something positive he can take into his next fight camp.
In the other professional fights on the card, Commonwealth games wrestler Shane Parker moved up a weight division and was made to work before submitting Craig Lankester with a rear-naked choke in the third round while Alex Gorgees stepped up on late notice and secured the win after he was illegally poked in the eye in the second round in his fight against Sammy Croke. Warnings were handed out in the opening round.
Fight Card (Pro):
- Trent Girdham def. Kairin Moses via Decision – Aftershock bantamweight title
- Shane Parker def. Craig Lankester via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 3, 1:21
- Alex Gorgees def. Sammy Croke via TKO (Illegal Eye Poke), Rd 2, 2:14
Fight Card (Amateur):
- Matthew Lee-Manwar def. Matthew Tana via Decision
- Reece Mellish def. Jerome Faraimo via Submission, Rd 2, 2:38
- Yvone Floudas def. Tayla Akurangi via TKO, Rd 2, 2:55
- Juwaan Terekia def. Soloma Jia via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:10
- Dimps Gillies def. Nelson Williamson via KO, Rd 1, 2:13
- Sebastian Jaramillo def. Jonathan Upoko via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:21
- Alex Hong def. Mikhail Laptev via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:58
- Farhad Azimi def. Maxwell Armstrong via Decision
- Tim Schultz def. Thomas Priestly via KO, Rd 1, 2:06