Following their last offering in March, where new TUF contestant Benjamin Sosoli stopped Mike Turner to claim the promotion’s heavyweight title, Adelaide based promotion Diamondback Fighting Championship returns this Friday night with show number six.
The promotion will once again return to the William Magarey room at the Adelaide Oval, with a live stream of the event available to purchase after downloading the free FITE TV App.
Friday night’s main event will see Adelaide’s own Shane Mitchell look to defend the DBFC middleweight title for the first time when he takes on NSW veteran Rick Alchin.
It was through a barrage of punches that Mitchell (10-3) snatched the inaugural middleweight title back in October last year, stopping England’s Jason Radcliffe in the DBFC 4 main event (event recap) making it four consecutive victories for the hometown favourite in the process.
A 10 year veteran of the sport, Alchin (15-14), meanwhile, will be making his promotional debut on Friday night. Predominantly fighting in the welterweight division, the NSW Central Coast native will move up a division for this one and look to move on from XFC 33 in New Zealand where he suffered a broken leg in his loss to Kiwi standout Brogan Anderson.
The lightweight title will also be up for grabs on the night as respected local MMA stalwart, Greg Atzori fights for three wins in a row when he rematches Tasmania’s Ethan Duniam. The pair first met back in 2016 in the Brace promotion where Atzori took home a unanimous decision (event recap).
Check out the full lineup below.
Fight Card (Pro):
- Shane Mitchell vs. Rick Alchin – Diamondback FC middleweight title
- Greg Atzori vs. Ethan Duniam – Diamondback FC lightweight title
- Nick Edwards vs. Dan Currie
- Joel Downey-Cave vs. Tim Rogers
- Junior Moe vs. Josh Frank
- Jake Hearl vs. Ray Lawley
- Travis May vs. Taylor Garrett
Fight Card (Amateur):
- Riley Payne vs. Harry Gabrielson
- Kyle Maistry vs. Brad Walley
- Garry Smith vs. Brando Pericic
- Dylan Adams vs. Ian Nguyen