Pictured: Aldin Bates secures title shot opportunity with win at Eternal 18 (Source: Eternal MMA/Hitman Photgraphy)
Aldin Bates secured himself a shot at the Eternal welterweight title on Saturday night with a first round stoppage over Queensland based Damien Fraser.
The bout headlined Eternal MMA 18 which took place at the WA Italian Club in Perth.
Formerly from the United Kingdom, Bates secured the TKO win with a second remaining in the opening round to take his professional record to 4-0. With the win, the Mach1 trained fighter will get a shot at the promotion’s welterweight strap, which is currently held by Tristan Murphy.
Earlier Dean Abramo needed only 57-seconds to get a TKO win over Stephan Friedrich, while Richard Lockett submitted Ryan Robertson with a triangle choke midway through the first-round.
Stepping up on late notice, and up a weight division proved too much for Ryan Gray as he was stopped by Mach1 trained Nicko Flessas.
- Aldin Bates def. Damien Fraser via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 4:59
- Dean Abramo def. Stephan Friedrich via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 0:57
- Richard Lockett def. Ryan Robertson via Subimssion (Triangle), Rd 1, 2:33
- Nicko Flessas def. Ryan Gray via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 2:04
- Marcus McKeever def. James Cristopoulos via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1, 1:02
- Stephen Erceg vs Jake Newton – No contest
- Jesse Armstrong def. Jack McManus via Decision (Majority)
- Justin Hickey def. Ihsan Ahmedi via Decision (Split)
- Mark Familari def. Andrew Murray via Decision (Unanimous)
Eternal MMA, Reign Fighting join WSOF Global affiliate network
Eternal 17: Garret Gross submits Brett Jacobsen to capture featherweight title
Eternal 16 Recap: Tristan Murphy defends, Isaac Tisdell, Ashkan Mokhtarian capture titles