Pictured: Luke Howard & Damien Fraser face-off at the weigh-ins (Source: Joshua Stebbings Photography)
The Carnage In The Cage 8 card was dealt a major blow 24-hour prior with their main event being cancelled after Kairin Moses missed weight and with opponent Edwin Arana choosing to withdraw rather than take a catchweight bout.
The event took place on Saturday night at the Mackay Entertainment & Convention Center with a clash between Damien Fraser and Luke Howard moving up to headline.
In the end, Howard edged the decision on the judge’s cards, winning a split points decision that takes his record to 3-1 while Fraser drops to 5-8.
Local favourite Kimo Smith secured a unanimous decision over Jackson Small while Brandt Cogill and Karl Paterson stopped Matt Thompson and Aden Hawke respectively.
- Luke Howard def. Damien Fraser via Decision (Split)
- Kimo Smith def. Jackson Small via Decision (Unanimous)
- Brandt Cogill def. Matt Thompson via TKO (Doctor’s Stoppage), Rd 2, 1:44
- Karl Paterson def. Aden Hawke via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:28
- Josh Kurtzman def. Ben Edmonstone via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1
- Peter Templer def. Blair Frew via Submission (Armbar), Rd 1
- Brandon Cox def. Matthew Lupi via TKO, Rd 1, 0:52
- Jack Macklin def. Andrew Pritchett via TKO, Rd 1, 2:09
- Justin McLeod def. Jack Reid via Sumbission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1
- Justin Van Heerden def. Jordan Rizidis via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 0:53
- Brooke Kendrick def. Jelly Tupek via Decision (Unanimous)
- Arron Mpumba def. Jake Gunston via Decision (Unanimous)