The Glover Teixeira vs Jamahal Hill fight is just around the corner and excitement is building. On the line is the vacant UFC light-heavyweight title.
Both fighters boast impressive records and are eager to get in the octagon. In this guide, we’ll take a look at what may happen when they meet at last. We’ll also take a look at some betting tips and odds, but first, let’s take a look at the UFC in more detail.
About the Ultimate Fighting Championship
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion company based in the United States. It is the largest MMA promotion company in the world and features some of the top-ranked fighters in the sport.
With events held worldwide and broadcasts streamed to millions, the UFC has become one the most popular sports to watch and bet on, as we’ll see below.
The popularity may be due to the fact that MMA is a full-contact combat sport in which fighters use a combination of martial arts techniques to defeat each another.
There are many popular UFC fighters, but some of the most popular in recent years have been:
- Conor McGregor: A former two-weight champion from Ireland, McGregor is considered one of the biggest stars in the sport’s history. He’s held championships in the featherweight and lightweight divisions and is well known for his trash-talking.
- Ronda Rousey: Rousey is considered to be the pioneer for women in MMA. She was the first American woman to earn an Olympic medal in judo (bronze). She was also the first female UFC Champion, a title she held for three years.
- Jon Jones: A highly decorated wrestler, Jones is one of the most accomplished fighters in UFC history. He’s held the UFC light-heavyweight championship multiple times and is considered by many to be one of the greatest fighters of all time.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov: A retired Russian mixed martial artist with a professional record of 29-0, he was the undisputed UFC lightweight champion and retired as champion. He was known for his grappling skills and had a huge and extremely loyal fan base.
Betting on the UFC
Combat sports have a unique relationship with betting. As one might expect from a scene so closely related to the glimmering lights of Vegas, odds are never far from the frontlines of thought for upcoming bouts. And while the casino scene itself may have moved on a little – land-based casinos transitioning operations to online enterprises, such as the online casino NZ scene – the furore around betting has never diminished. Betting here is big business, and you should bear the following in mind:
- Do your research: Ensure you are informed about the fighters, their styles and their recent performances. Look at statistics, such as their record, striking accuracy and submission attempts.
- Look for underdogs: Many fighters are given odds that don’t accurately reflect their chances of winning. Look for fighters who are being overlooked by the betting public and who may have a better chance of winning than the odds indicate.
- Consider the style matchup: Different fighting styles can lead to different outcomes in a fight. For example, a wrestler may have an advantage over a striker if the fight goes to the ground.
- Don’t bet too much: It’s important to be realistic about the amount you can afford to lose. Set a budget for yourself and stick to it.
UFC 283: Glover Teixeira vs Jamahal Hill – Who will win?
Glover Teixeira vs Jamahal Hill is a tough fight to call. The youthful Hill has an impressive record, coming in at 11-1-0. The veteran Teixeira also has a mightily impressive record at 33-8-0. He certainly has the experience over Hill, but the pair are still well-matched.
Hill is bigger than Teixeira by a couple of inches. He also has a greater reach and uses a southpaw stance which could prove disruptive to Teixeira who favours an orthodox stance.
However, this fight has an added layer of desire for Teixeira. He’s looking to reclaim the title after losing to Jiri Prochazka at UFC 275. After a cracking fight, the pair were set for a rematch until Prochazka withdrew and vacated the title with a shoulder injury.
The fight against Hill is Teixeira’s chance to reclaim his title, but it is also an opportunity for the young knockout merchant Hill to stake a claim. Out of his 11 victories so far, he’s knocked out seven opponents. Along the way, he’s defeated quality fighters such as Johnny Walker and Jimmy Crute. His single loss came about because of an injury to his arm.
This is going to be a tough fight to call. It could come down to nerves and who can hold their mettle once the bell rings. And, of course, a bit of luck.