After what would have been an exhaustive three weeks, Mark Hunt this morning successfully weighed in for his UFC interim heavyweight title bout against Fabricio Werdum.
Hunt stepped on the scale at the Mexico City Arena in Mexico City and came in at an even 265 pounds (120.2 kgs). His taller opponent, Fabricio Werdum came in at 232 pounds (105.2 kgs).
The weight cut was made even more impressive for Hunt, considering the Sydney based fighter was a reported 20 kilograms over when he took the late notice fight three weeks ago.
In the co-main event, unbeaten prospect Kelvin Gastelum weighed in at 170 pounds (77.5 kgs), while his opponent Jake Ellenberger came in at 171 pounds (77.1 kgs).
Mainevent PPV (2pm AEDT)
- Mark Hunt (265 lbs/120.2 kgs) vs Fabricio Werdum (232 lbs/105.2 kgs)
- Jake Ellenberger (171 lbs/77.5 kgs) vs Kelvin Gastelum (170 lbs/77.1 kgs)
- Dennis Bermudez (146 lbs/66.2 kgs) vs Ricardo Lamas (145 lbs/ 65.7 kgs)
- Augusto Montano (169 lbs/76.7 kgs) vs Chris Heatherly (170 lbs/77.1 kgs)
- Hector Urbina (169 lbs/76.7 kgs) vs Edgar Garcia (170 lbs/77.1 kgs)
Fox Sports 3 (12PM AEDT)
- Yair Rodriguez (145 lbs/65.7 kgs) vs Leonardo Morales (144 lbs/65.3 kgs)
- Alejandro Perez (135 lbs/61.2 kgs) vs Jose Alberto Quinonez (135 lbs/61.2 kgs)
- Jessica Eye (134 lbs/60.7 kgs) vs Leslie Smith (134 lbs/60.7 kgs)
- Gabriel Benitez (145 lbs/65.7 kgs) vs Humberto Brown (146 lbs/66.2 kgs)
UFC Fight Pass (11AM AEDT)
- Enrique Briones (134 lbs/60.7 kgs) vs. Guido Cannetti (135 lbs/61.2 kgs)
- Marco Beltran (136 lbs/61.6 kgs) vs. Marlon Vera (135 lbs/61.2 kgs)