Long standing Eternal welterweight champion Tristan Murphy will defend his belt when he faces Ty Duncan in the main event of Eternal MMA 24 this Saturday night.
The event is the promotion’s second in the space of seven days after a successful event last weekend in Perth. It will take place at the Southport Sharks AFL Club on Queensland’s Gold Coast.
Murphy captured the welterweight belt back at Eternal MMA 2 with an entertaining win against Shane Gregory. Murphy went down to UFC fighter Ben Alloway in what ended up being a non-title fight after Alloway came in heavy only to bounce back with a successful title defense win Damien Fraser at Eternal MMA 16. He finished 2016 with a submission win over Tom Kingston before losing a decision against Rick Alchin in the Brace tournament.
After claiming an amateur title at XFC in 2014, Duncan made his professional last year and has won both fights via submission in the first-round. A win over Murphy will be a massive scalp for the Combat Lab trained fighter.
Ben “Manimal” Wall returns to fight in his home-state when he faces Brentin Mumford in the semi-main event. Both fighters have had mixed results in recent times which makes the match-up ever so important. Mumford lost a close decision to Kieran Joblin last September while Wall lost out to veteran fighter Rob Hill in the Australian Fighting Championships lightweight tournament.
In other pro fights, local fighter Garret Gross will go to battle against Western Australia’s Ryan Gray while Diego Pereira looks to rebound when he meets George Malizis.
Fight Card (Pro):
- Tristan Murphy vs. Ty Duncan – Eternal MMA welterweight title
- Ben Wall vs. Brentin Mumford
- Garret Gross vs. Ryan Gray
- Diego Pereira vs. George Malizis
Fight Card (Amateur):
- Cody Watego vs. Aaron Alexiou
- Shaun Johnson vs. Hoani Selwin
- Alex Plattsy vs. Adam Hennessy
- Tim Schultz vs. Juwaan Terekia
- Brett Kelly vs. Dylan Bryer
- Johnny Borg vs. Sebastian Jaramillo
- Brad Fitzgerald vs. Mitch Bayless
- Belinda Cameron vs. Tessa Salacia
- Tom Nolan vs. Ryan Bishop