Young Rocky Ogden is building up quite a resume at a young age. Having already competed in One Championship, the Gold Coast-based Muay Thai fighter added the Eruption featherweight title on Saturday night with a unanimous decision over Van Phann.
While the official scorecards read 50-45 to Ogden, it was a close battle in the early rounds with Phann active with body kicks. Ogden never looked in danger though and took control as the fight went on, bruising his opponents’ forearms and ribs with kicks of his own.
He finished strong and deservedly walked away from the contest as the new champion.
View this post on Instagram
In the semi-main event, Jay Tonkin edged out James Honey by decision 29-28 in a technical and close battle.
The two will likely meet again in August with the promoter requesting the two rematch over five rounds for an Eruption title. Both fighters seem to oblige in their post-fight comments.
Glory fighter Junior Tafa made quick work of his opponent, Christian Balz. The heavyweight needed just 56-seconds to drop his opponent out cold with a short straight right hand.
Jayden Eynaud secured a highlight knockout of his own, as he stopped Guy Coleman with a spinning back-fist in the second round of their 78kg contest.
- Rocky Ogden def. Nam Phann via Decision (Unanimous) – Eruption super featherweight title
- Jayy Tonkin def. James Honey via Decision (Unanimous)
- Junior Tafa def. Christian Balz via KO, Rd 1, 0:56
- Jayden Eynaud def. Guy Coleman via KO, Rd 2, 0:59
- Jonathan Aiulu def. Yodthongchai SRG via Decision (Unanimous)
- Britney Dolheyguy def. Amanda Juniku via Decision (Unanimous)
- Nicole Banney def. Nathalie Pavlides via Decision (Split)
- Boum Lambarki def. Sarkis Doueihi via Decision (Unanimous)
- Romney Lavea def. Mateai NTG via TKO, Rd 1, 0:30
- Jesse Astill def. Cameron Torrens via Decision (Unanimous)
- Kane NTG def Alfie Smith via Decision (Split)