One Fighting Championships – Rise of Heroes goes down tonight from the SM Mall of Asia Arena in the Philippines.
Participating on the card are Australian based fighters Chris Lokteff and Robert Lisita. Join us for a live play-by-play of the action featuring the two Australian fighters.
Twenty seven year-old Lokteff (12-1) from the Integrated MMA gym in Brisbane will come up against former UFC veteran James McSweeney (12-11) who is now based out of the Phuket Top Team. Lokteff will be looking at getting his second win inside the promotion against McSweeney who is making his debut.
Also from the Phuket Top Team, Robert Lisita (13-5) will be re-matching against Japanese fighter Yusuke Kawanago (13-3-2). The two first met back in August 2012 on a Legend FC card where Kawanago walked away with the unanimous decision. Lisita has been on a rampage since that fight, winning all three fights in impressive form.
Chris Lokteff vs James McSweeney
Fighters touched gloves and we are underway. Front kick caught by Lokteff and he misses with the hook. Lokteff with a quick one-two but McSweeney just remained out of range. McSweeney attempted a body kick and another one that lands. Further kicks from McSweeney as Lokteff came forward landing a combination of punches. Lokteff lands a head kick which McSweeney acknowledges. McSweeney comes back by landing a kick to the midsection followed up by a right and then a jumping knee which drops Lokteff. Referee halts the contest.
Winner: James McSweeney def Chris Lokteff via KO (Punches & Knees), Rd 1, 1:56
Robert Lisita vs Yusuke Kawanago
Fighters touch glove and under way. Up the centre knee from Kawanago landed early. Lisita pushes forward straight away and unloads. A left hook timed perfectly from Lisita drops Kawanago as he came forward. Lisita followed up with further punches over Kawanago who is not showing much of a defense. After some flush punches, referee finally stopped the contest. Lisita complained to referee about the late stoppage.
Winner: Robert Lisita def Yusuke Kawanago via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 0:28
Main Card (10:30pm EST):
- Bibiano Fernandes def Masakatsu Ueda via Decision (Unanimous) – One FC bantamweight title
- Eduard Folyang def Kotetsu Boku via Decision (Unanimous)
- Rey Decyogen def Joshua Alvarez via Decision (Unanimous)
- Robert Lisita def Yusuke Kawanago via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 0:28
- James McSweeney def Chris Lokteff via KO (Punches & Knees), Rd 1, 1:56
- Leandro Ataides def Tatsuya Mizuno via TKO (Punches), Rd 1. 0:47
- Ana Julaton def Aya-Saeid Saber via TKO (Punches), Rd 3, 4:01
Preliminary Card (9pm EST):
- Eugene Toquero def Gianni Subba via Decision (Unanimous)
- Jujeath Nagaowa def Jeet Toshi via TKO (Punches), Rd 2, 1:07
*Images via OneFC.com