South Australian fighter Myles Simpson scored a first-round submission victory over local fighter Ryan Gray on Friday night in the main event of Eternal MMA 13.
The event took place at the Italian Club in Perth, Western Australia.
A decorated Muay-Thai specialist, Simpson came into fight looking to get back into the winners column after suffering his first MMA defeat back in June against Jesse Medina. The twenty-eight year-old wasted no time in finishing the MMA Clinic trained Ryan Gray with a rear-naked choke only 2:38 into the contest. The win takes Simpson’s record to 7-1 as a professional and puts himself first in line for a crack at current Eternal featherweight champion Michael Tobin early next year.
Also on the card in a grudge match, Dai Jenkins pounded out James Cristopoulos to secure a first-round stoppage while in the other professional bout on the card, Nick Wood secured a first-round TKO against James McGlashan.
The promotion’s next event is scheduled for December 12 on the Gold Coast with the promotion set to return to Perth in March 2016.
- Myles Simpson def Ryan Gray via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 2:38
- Dai Jenkins def James Cristopolous via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 4:11
- Nick Wood def James McGlashan via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 2:37
- Jack Della def Cam McGuire via Submission (Arm-Bar), Rd 2, 1:49
- Chris Coyle def Mark Familari via Decision (Unanimous)
- Justin Hickey def Hayden Eli Hanford via Submission (Arm-Bar), Rd 1, 1:33
- Kris Kemps def Craig Noras via Decision (Unanimous)
- Ben Wynne def Andrew Murray via Decision (Split)
- Jazz Klumpp def Jess Napier via KO (Head-Kick), Rd 2, 1:32
- Lian Van Dongen def Dan Woodham via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 1:42