Queensland promotion Nitro MMA makes it’s long anticipated return this Saturday night at the Logan Entertainment Centre, following a hiatus of over two years.
Headlining the Nitro 14 card will be Luke “The Wasp” Morris a flyweight title fight between Luke Morris and Shannon Ross.
Morris will be defending his flyweight title he claimed back in 2014 following a close decision win over Chris Morris. “The Wasp” has been out of the cage since December 2015 where he unsuccessfully challenged for the Eternal flyweight title, losing to Tim Moore via armbar submission.
Shannon Ross (formerly Shannon McClellan) will be looking to bounce back after losing a unanimous decision to recently signed UFC fighter Ashkan Mokhtarian in his last outing back in April 2016. The PUMMA trained fighter has wins against the likes of Edwin Arana and Commonwealth games wrestler Shane Parker.
Former Nitro champ Joe Muir was forced out of his bout against Ben Kelleher due to medical reasons with Sydney’s Jeff King now stepping up to face Kelleher.
Kelleher returns to the cage after a victorious professional boxing fight in Singapore a fortnight ago. He last competed in MMA back in January, stepping up on less than a day’s notice, in a commendable loss to former UFC fighter Steven Kennedy.
Also on the card, Gokhan Turkyilmaz steps up for a catch-weight bout against William Namoa, while Anthony Johns and Tristan Murphy will be looking to get back in the winners column when they face each other at middleweight.
- Luke Morris (c) vs. Shannon Ross – Nitro flyweight title
- Jeff King vs. Ben Kelleher
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz vs. William Namoa
- Anthony Johns vs. Tristan Murphy
- William Tiaaleaiga vs. Jack Tuave
- Matt Eland vs. Gerhard Voigt
- Sam Jo Toetu vs. Kemara Osborne
- Craig Lankester vs. Tyrell Hogan
- Thomas Conroy vs. Corbin Robertson
- Joe Harley vs. Perry Ioane
- Aaron Mpumba vs. Joe Cloake