XFC heavyweight champion Justin Tafa successfully defended his title on Friday night with a knock-out over Canberra’s David Taumoepeau.
The bout headlined the XFC 41 which took place at the Mansfield Tavern.
Tafa, a training partner of fellow heavyweights Tai Tuivasa and Mark Hunt, came into the fight undefeated in short MMA career and that looked to be in danger early as Taumoepeau had a smart gameplan to take the opening round on the judges cards.
Tafa though didn’t waste time in the second round, rocking his opponent before getting the KO finish only 29-seconds into the round.
The win moves Tafa’s professional record to 3-0.
In the other pro fights on the card, Sam Flint submitted Anthony Barbuto with a second-round rear-naked choke while Nathan Wilson did it in round one against Josh Robson Sr.
The entertaining Dimps Gillies secures a body shot stoppage over Joey Karami.
- Justin Tafa vs. David Taumoepeau via KO, Rd 2, 0:29 – XFC heavyweight title
- Sam Flint def. Anthony Barbuto via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 4:14
- Nathan Wilson def. Josh Robson Sr. via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 4:52
- Dimps Gillies def. Joey Karami via TKO (Body Shot), Rd 2, 1:54
- Bruno Playfair def. Christian Merino via KO, Rd 2, 2:11
- Tim Schultz def. Jordan Thomas via Decision (Unanimous)
- Viktor Lyall def. Tai Hardy via Decision (Unanimous)
- Jamie Sporne def. Michael Pritchard via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1, 1:28
- Quinlan Kelly def. Matthew Van Hoff via TKO (Corner’s Stoppage), Rd 2, 3:00
- Panapa King def. Luke Zilic via Decision (Unanimous)
- Kevin Sheridan def. Tala Hellesoe via Decision (Unanimous)
- Mark Richardson def. Liam Brewster via Decision (Split)
- Coby Porter def. Tione Sage Uchiha via TKO (Doctor’s Stoppage), Rd 2, 3:00
- Auston Elefetheiriou def. Isaac Berndt via Decision (Majority)
- Trevor Sinclair def. Craig Bright via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 2:23
- Ryan Leavey def. Marcu Foote via Decision (Unanimous)
- Nick Smith def. Alex Young via TKO (Towel), Rd 2, 1:29
- Omid Al Amir def. Christopher Hanlan via Decision (Unanimous)