Saturday’s Urban Fight Night 24 title fight ended in quick fashion with Randall Rayment walking away with the first-round victory, ending the contest with a gruesome finish in the first round.
Contesting the promotions light-heavyweight title, the 34-year-old Australian Top Team fighter connected with a calf-kick that snapped his opponent’s leg. The full damage was not evident until Rayment’s opponent, Dean Maxwell, planted his foot down and the leg gave way.
WARNING: YOU CAN WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW
View this post on Instagram
The promoter, former UFC fighter Suman Mokhtarian advised MMAJunkie.com that the kick broke the fibula and tibia. Maxwell went into surgery which required and screws put in.
Rayment takes his MMA record to 10-3 and is on a three-fight win streak having defeated Jack Tuave and Dion Mooney in his previous outings back in 2019.
Also on the card, David Francis submitted Blake Sheppeard with a first-round guillotine choke while Harry Grech made quick work of Justin Danielson. Rounding off the pro fights, Junior Mo secured a second-round stoppage over John Armstrong.
- Randall Rayment def. Dean Maxwell via TKO (Calf Kick/Injury), Rd 1 – Urban Fight Night light-heavyweight championship
- David Francis def. Blake Sheppeard via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1
- Harry Grech def. Justin Danielson via KO (Strikes), Rd 1
- Junior Mo def. John Armstrong via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2
- Farhood Khalabtar def. Isnad Zaman via Decision (Unanimous)
- Emil Jeries def. Pete Dawson via KO/TKO (Doctor’s Stoppage), Rd 1
- Matty Iann def. Asterios Tsiatsios via Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke), Rd 1
- Kaleb Rideout def. Drew Alexander via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1
- Hayder Khudair def. Dean McDonald via KO (Knee), Rd 1
- Liufau Fonua def. Bradley Shackleton via KO (Strikes), Rd 1
- Dean Tromans def. Bimo Adriano via KO (Head-Kick), Rd 2