Adrenaline MMA trained Aidan Aguilera claimed the Eternal lightweight title on Sunday night but did so under gruesome circumstances with the former champ, Jack Becker suffering an Anderson Silva like shin break, only 22-seconds into the contest.
The bout headlined Eternal MMA 66 which was taking place at the HBF Stadium in Perth, Western Australia and was broadcast live on UFC Fight Pass.
Jack Becker threw early leg kicks and the third kick snapped on Aguilera’s shin. Becker stepped back and his leg collapsed under him as the crowd quickly went silent.
To Aguilera’s credit, he was in no mood to celebrate the win, preferring to show concern to his opponent immediately following the conclusion.
“I feel for Jack. He had a lot of momentum coming into this and for that to happen to him is just brutal. It feels dirty holding this [title], so I’m going to find someone as soon as possible to make this legit,” Aguilera told the crowd in his post-fight speech before thanking his team.
Becker was stretchered out of the cage in good spirits, considering the extent of the injury. It’s an unfortunate injury for Becker who was knocking on the door to the UFC.
Aguilera moves to 9-5 while Becker drops to 10-3.
In the semi-main event, Cody Haddon secured the most defining victory of his short career with a third-round stoppage over the previously undefeated Jarrett Wilbraham. Haddon was pushed throughout the contest but managed to stay a step ahead and early in the third round, he stunned Wilbraham with a heavy slam takedown. Haddon followed up with a series of short elbows that forced the stoppage.
Haddon moves to 3-1 as a pro while Wilbraham drops to 5-1.
Fight Card (Pro):
- Aidan Aguilera def. Jack Becker (c) via TKO (Leg Break), Rd 1 – Eternal lightweight title
- Cody Haddon def. Jarrett Wilbraham via KO, Rd 3
- Toby Meech def. Nick Thornton via Decision (Split)
- Frank Jankowski def. Harvinder Mohar via Decision (Unanimous)
- Anthony Drilich def. Lawrence Lui via Decision (Split)
Fight Card (Amateur):
- Laurence Whitesmith def. Kaleb Steinnokel via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
- Alex Poniris def. Wyatt Fraser via Decision
- Kane Rickus def. Jack Hopper via Decision (Unanimous)
- Liam Hoskin def. Ryan Jankowski via Decision (Split)
- Amena Hadaya def. Jasmine Nikora via TKO
- Julian Giustiniano def. Owen Tincombe
- John English def. Blu Thein