Back in 2015, Myles Simpson submitted Ryan Gray inside the first round. The two re-matched on Saturday night and we had another quick submission, this time though Ryan Gray submitted the home-crowd favourite in Myles Simpson.
Eternal 32 took place at the Titanium Security Arena in Adelaide, South Australia.
After an early exchange, Simpson, a former State Muay Thai champion, made the mistake of going for a takedown. Gray who train out of The MMA Clinic in Perth, capitalised by reversing and securing mount momentarily. As Simpson scrambled, Gray dropped to his first guillotine attempt; with Simpson managing to escape while landing some strong ground-and-pound. When they scrambled back to their feet, Gray kept control of the neck and an ill-timed trip attempt from Simpson allowed Gray to tighten the guillotine choke as he dropped to the ground to force the tap from Simpson.
The win came only 1:45 into the contest as Gray (8-3) joins team-mates Jack Della (welterweight) and Mitch Martin (bantamweight) as current Eternal champions.
Also on the card, Antonio Caruso defeated Dishon Ravindron via a unanimous decision while Antonio’s older brother Diego Caruso had a quicker time in the cage, submitting opponent Stephen Thoulis.
- Ryan Gray def. Myles Simpson (c) via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1, 1:45 – Eternal featherweight title
- Antonio Caruso def. Dishon Ravindran via Decision (Unanimous)
- Marcin Chalupa def. Justin Danielson via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 2:17
- Diego Caruso def. Stephen Thoulis via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 2:38
- Tawny Martin def. Steve Brown via KO (Punch), Rd 2, 2:20
- Ben Dawes def. Tim Robinson via TKO (Punches), Rd 2, 2:47
- Peter Templar def. Harry Gabrielson via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 1:40
- Harvinder Mohar def. Jack Hayes via Decision (Split)