Mitch Martin secured his most impressive win to date, submitting Chris ‘Kewlbonez’ Morris in the opening stanza of their main event clash on Saturday night at Eternal 30 on Queensland’s Gold Coast.
Both fighters started frantically and Martin would shoot in for the early takedown despite arguably getting the better of the exchanges early in the fight. ‘Kewlbonez’ scrambled to his feet and Martin immediately went for a standing guillotine. Morris escaped and landed a judo throw, only for Martin to scramble and earn the top position. Martin passed to side control and as Morris scrambled, the Perth fighter transitioned to a beautifully setup triangle choke to earn the victory.
Training out of The MMA Clinic, Martin now moves to 5-0 as a pro in what was his second title defence. Morris drops a second straight fight to move to 11-8 as a pro.
Andrew Khare fought a smart game-plan which secured him a first-round TKO win over BJJ Black Belt Kieran Cronin from Infinite MMA. Cronin will be disappointed he didn’t get to showcase his grappling skills, choosing instead to stand-and-trade against the powerful Khare. It would prove to be a mistake as Khare landed heavy shots against the cage that dropped Cronin and gave him the victory.
In the opening pro fight of the night, Jack Tuave needed just 29-seconds to defeat his opponent Jake Logan in a heavyweight clash. A straight right dropped Logan in an early exchange and a follow-up shot all but put an exclamation point on the win.
Aidan Nowfel put on a spectacular performance on the amateur portion of the card with a first round armbar submission over Tim Schultz while Dimps Gillies outlasted Michael Williams before securing the third round rear-naked choke win. Mitch Bayliss, the son of former Superbike World Champion Troy Bayliss continued his impressive run in the amateur ranks with a first-round submission over Brandon Stowers.
The event took place at the Southport Sharks AFL Club on Queensland’s Gold Coast and is the first event of three scheduled to take place for the promotion in the next five weeks.
Next up for the promotion is a show in Perth next Saturday with local brothers Jack and Josh Della headlining against Luke Howard and Isi Fitikefu respectively.
- Mitch Martin def. Chris Morris via Submission (Triangle), Rd 1, 2:47 – Eternal bantamweight title
- Andrew Khare def. Kieran Cronin via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 4:09
- Jack Tuave def. Jake Logan via KO, Rd 1, 0:29
- Dimps Gillies def. Michael Williams via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 3, 0:53
- Aidan Nowfel def. Tim Schultz via Submission (Armbar), Rd 1, 1:51
- Mitch Bayliss def. Brandon Stowers via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 0:50
- Tye Wall def. Corey Lynch via Decision (Unanimous)
- Joey Karami def Boston Caines via Decision (Unanimous)
- Noah Cooney vs. Casey Murnane via Decision (Unanimous)
- Ben Shellim def. Jerome Faraimo via TKO, Rd 3
- Daniel Ung def. Dan O’Rourke via Decision (Unanimous)
- Mark Richardson def Luke Davies via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 2:16
- George Dailly def. Harris Agovic via TKO, Rd 3
- Mat Myers def. Mack Gorrie via KO, Rd 1
- Steve Parry def. Beau Larsen Risk