Rod Costa has been forced out of the main event clash at Eternal 73 this weekend after the bantamweight champion suffered a broken hand in training. This has left Semakadde Kakembo without an
opponent days from the event.
Costa was originally set to face Justin Van Heerden for the featherweight title however Van Heerden himself also succumb to an injury.
Stepping up to the main event will be an international flyweight clash between former Eternal champion Stephen “Atroboy” Erceg and Japanese fighter Soichi Hirai.
Erceg was set to get his big opportunity on Dana White’s Contender Series last year but that fell through.
The Western Australian local will now look to prove his worth against Hirai who comes into the contest with a 4-1 professional record.
“I don’t know if you wanna call it lucky or unlucky but I’ve had few bumps in the road during my career as it is. The fight game is unpredictable, and you have to roll with the punches just like you would when you’re actually fighting,” Erceg told Fight News Australia in a recent interview.
The event goes down in Perth, Western Australia this Saturday with the main card broadcast live on UFC Fight Pass.
Fight Card (Pro):
- Steve Erceg vs. Soichiro Hirai
- Aldin Bates vs. John Vake
- Abdullah Biayda vs. Alan Philpott
- Quillan Sallkilld vs. Niam Stephen
- Matt Gibson vs. Frank Jankowski
- Sarmad Jahanara vs. Khan Deatta
Fight Card (Amateur):
- Diellon Lihari vs. Laurence Whitesmith
- Liam Brewster vs. Wyatt Fraser
- Cory Amato vs. Jesse Ukich
- Liam Hoskin vs. Moses Deng
- Brock Hunter vs. Ashby Tink
- Liam Lucas vs. Blu Thein