City Kickboxing striker Brad “Quake” Riddell won an all-important bout in his MMA career with a unanimous decision victory over Mikey Vaotuua to claim the Wars welterweight title on Friday night.
The bout headlined Wollongong Wars 7 which was held at the Beaton Park ‘Snakepit’ Stadium in Gwynneville, New South Wales.
A veteran of over 70-bouts across various disciplines and a multiple time kickboxing titlist, Riddell has now won back-to-back MMA fights after a submission loss to Abel Brites last July. His MMA record stands at 4-1.
PMA gym fighter Saeid Fatahifar continued his success capturing the MASA South Pacific welterweight strap with a knock-out victory over Riddell’s team-mate John Vake. A thunderous head-kick, early in the second round, ended the contest and he moved to 8-4. Nicknamed “The Phantom”, he has lost just twice in his last ten outings.
In the third feature fight of the night, Jacob Malkoun, a team-mate of Rob Whittaker who was on hand in his corner, overcame Belgium born, Thailand based Christophe Van Dijk. In a back-and-forth battle, the Smeaton Grange Gracie trained fighter ended the battle in the second round when a flurry from Malkoun forced the referee stoppage. The middleweight fighter now moves to 3-0.
- Brad Riddell def. Mikey Vaotuua via Decision – Wars MMA welterweight title
- Saeid Fatahifar def John Vake via KO, Rd 2 – MASA South Pacific welterweight title
- Jacob Malkoun def. Christophe Van Dijk via TKO, Rd 2
- Blake Donnelly def. Ethan Thomas via Decision
- Colby Thichnesse def. Sem Kakembo via Decision
- Daniel Ryan def. Stelios Tsiatsios via KO, Rd 1
- Aaron Grigg def. Will Hodges via TKO, Rd 2
- Lincoln Bendall-Moon def. Cain Leggett via Decision
- Rowan Parkinson def. Michael Lorenzo via Decision