Brace’s 2015 Championship Tournament continued on Saturday night with the promotion hosting the second group of matchups at the Newcastle Panthers Club in NSW.
Last year’s featherweight champion Jamie Mullarkey (6-0) kicked off his 2015 campaign on Saturday night by submitting Melbourne’s Stefan Rosa (3-1) in the first round of the main event. The NSW Central Coast youngster advances to the next stage of the featherweight tournament after snatching the win via a rear-naked choke at 4:13.
It was a night to celebrate for the Magnus Martial Arts gym with Mullarkey’s team mate, and welterweight tournament contender, Rick Alchin also picking up an early submission victory in the co-main event. Alchin faced local favorite Chad Price, who was previously undefeated after two outings, and got the tap with an anaconda choke in just one minute and thirty five seconds.
In a lightweight tournament clash, Ben Games, the third Magnus Martial Arts product on the card, stopped Adam Oxenbridge via TKO in the first round. Meanwhile, Anthony Fogas outpointed Bowen Cornish to advance in the bantamweight tournament, and in the other featherweight tournament bout on the night, Simon Arentz submitted Josh Oxenbridge in the third round with an arm-bar.
The light-heavyweight tournament tilt between Chris Lofts and Samuel Kei was scrapped after Kei missed weight by a reported three kilograms.
Brace 33 will be available to view free and on demand in the coming week at Network Ten’s multi-platform portal, Tenplay.
The next offering from the promotion, Brace 34, will take place on Saturday, May 23 at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra.
- Jamie Mullarkey def Stefan Rosa via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 4:13 – Featherweight Title Eliminator
- Rick Alchin def Chad Price via Submission (Anaconda Choke), Rd 1, 1:35 – Welterweight Title Eliminator
- Ben Games def Adam Oxenbridge via TKO, Rd 1, 1:51 – Lightweight Title Eliminator
- Anthony Fogas def Bowen Cornish via Decision (Unanimous), 30-27 x 3 – Bantamweight Title Eliminator
- Simon Arentz def Josh Oxenbridge via Submission (Arm-Bar), Rd 3, 0:44 – Featherweight Title Eliminator
- Saeed Fatahifar def Tom Kingston via Decision (Unanimous), 29-28 29-28 30-27
* Results courtesy of Brace.