New Zealand heavyweight Joseph Parker (27-2) returns to compete in his home country for the first time since 2018 when he clashes with countryman Junior Fa (19-0).
Parker suffered back-to-back losses in the early part of 2018 to the two of the division best in Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte. Since then the 29-year-old has been looking to climb his way but up the ranks. He last competed in February 2020 in Texas, stopping American Shawndell Terell Winters in the 5th round.
Looking to make a statement of his own is the undefeated Junior Fa who steps up for the biggest test of his career. He made his pro debut as a 26-year-old back in 2016 and quickly progressed through the regional scene. He progressed on the international stage with 6 of his last 10 fights being in the USA. Covid forced a halt in his career, having not competed since November 2019.
The more experienced Parker is the favourite, paying 1.10 for the win according to Sportsbet at the time of publishing. Fa is paying 6.00.
How to watch Parker vs. Fa in Australia?
The all New Zealand heavyweight blockbuster will be broadcast exclusively on Main Event PPV and costs $29.95.
What time will Joseph Parker vs. Junior Fa take place in Australia?
The bout will take place out of Spark Arena in Auckland, with the main card launching at 5pm AEDT on Saturday 27 February.
Full Joseph Parker vs. Junior Fa fight card
- Joseph Parker (27-2) vs. Junior Fa (19-0)
- Alrie Meleisea (5-0-1) vs. Lani Daniels (4-2-2)
- Nikolas Charalampous (19-3) vs. Panuve Helu (12-2-1)
- Hemi Ahio (16-0) vs. Julius Lloyd-Long (18-24-1)
- David Nyika (0-0) vs. Jesse Maio (3-0)
- Jerome Pampellone (2-0) vs. Antz Amouta (0-0)
- Richie Hadlow (2-0) vs. Obedi Maguchi (2-3)
- John Parker (5-0) vs. Egelano Taito (0-0)
- Phil Telea (1-1) vs. Niro Iuta (1-0)
Fight card according to Boxrec. Note: Not all fights will be shown on the Main Event brodcast.
*Last Updated: 23 February 2021