Veteran lightweight fighter, Adrian Pang submitted Dutch fighter Vincent Latoel in his long awaited One Fighting Championships debut last night.
The two co-headlined the One FC: Dynasty of Champions event which made its debut in China at the Gymnasium of National Olympic Sports Centre in Beijing.
In the fight, Pang made his intentions clear early, planting his feet in the centre of the cage as the two exchanged heavy leg kicks. Pang then started to find his punches, countering Latoel’s attacks.
The Integrated MMA based fighter kept Latoel guessing by executing takedowns and landing heavy ground-and-pound. A hard right from Pang late in the second round sent Latoel crashing to the canvas. Pang looked to lock up a guillotine followed by an anaconda choke, but Latoel recovered to see out the round.
In the third round Latoel surprised Pang with a takedown, however this allowed the 37 year-old Aussie to pull guard and sink in the guillotine to get the tap, 2:15 into the round.
The win was Pang’s second in a row since a unfortunate nightclub bashing halted his career back in 2012. Since then he has also featured as the striking coach on The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs Canada season before he signed with the One FC. The win arguably puts him a fight or two from a possible title shot at current champion Shinya Aoki.
In the main event, in a battle of two Chinese prospects, Xian Ji won a unanimous decision over Ya Dong Song in an entertaining back-and-forth bantamweight clash.
- Xian Ji def Yadong Song via Decision (Unanimous)
- Adrian Pang def Vincent Latoel via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 3, 2:15
- Michal Pasternak def Rafael Silva via Decision (Unanimous)
- Ariel Sexton def Anvar Alizhanov via Submission (Reverse Triangle-Armbar), Rd 1, 3:18
Beijing Featherweight Tournament:
- Li Kai Wen def Ya Wei Wang via Decision (Unanimous)
- Ya Wei Wang def Li Gen via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1, 2:25
- Li Kai Wen def He Nan Nan via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1, 2:19
Beijing Flyweight Tournament:
- Li Wei Bin def Wang Wei via Decision (Unanimous)
- Wang Wei def Liu Xu via Decision (Unanimous)
- Li Wei Bin def Hai Yi Jie via Submission (Armbar), Rd 1, 2:51