Aaron Tau moved his professional record to 7-0 with a first-round stoppage over veteran Paul Loga in Brisbane tonight. Loga connected with strikes early, however, Tau took his opportunity with a pair of vicious knees inside the clinch. The first one dropped Loga and the second one connected as he fell forward.
Tau unloaded and Loga did just enough to stay in the contest however Tau continued to press and got the top position where he forced the referee to stop the contest with elbows from the top.
“Tonight wasn’t my best performance,” Tau commented post-fight giving props to his opponent.
“I got caught slipping a couple of times. His speed kind of shocked me. As you can tell I ate a few punches. I didn’t really put my game plan into play. I got the job done but definitely wanted to show my class in this one and prove that I’m ready for my next shot.”
The bout headlined XFC 58 which took place at the Mansfield Tavern
In the semi-main event, Stu Dare put the welterweight division on notice with a victory over Mikey Vaotuua. Dare needed only 57-seconds to secure the rear-naked choke submission.
- Aaron Tau vs. Paul Loga via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1, 3:48 – XFC bantamweight title
- Stu Dare def. Mikey Vaotuua via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 0:57
- Daniel Staveley def. Jackson Weir-White via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1, 1:49 – XFC amateur middleweight title
- Jake Piper def. Liam Forrest via Submission (Ana, Rd 3, 2:48 – XFC amateur featherweight title
- Dominique Simon def. Luke Brinkworth via KO, Rd 1, 1:28
- Tom Ackerly def. Declan Wolfinden via Decision (Unanimous)
- James Goodwin def. Samual Ngamata via TKO, Rd 2