Stewart Nicoll successfully defended his XFC flyweight title on Saturday night as he defeated a game Jamie Renoud via decision a XFC 47.
The event took place at Mansfield Tavern in Brisbane’s south on and was broadcast on Sportsflick.
It was the first title defence for Nicoll who claimed the promotions flyweight mantlepiece back in November 2019 where he submitted Mitchell Birkett early in the first round.
Jamie Renouf proved a harder task for the accomplished Broz Martial Arts trained Nicoll, who as a BJJ Black Belt had to mix it up on the ground and on the feet as he grinded the decision win.
Nicoll moves to 4-0 as a pro and continues his rise in the flyweight ranks.
- Stewart Nicoll def. Jamie Renouf via Decision (Unanimous) – XFC flyweight title
- Jay Karaitiana def. Dominique Simon
- Auryn Parmley def. Luke Mackenzie via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 1:58
- Vinny Peirce def. Jesse Murray via TKO, Rd 3, 1:36
- Matt Tana def. Coby Porter via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 2, 1:19
- Ray Spence def. Mitch Ferdi via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 3, 1:01
- Rozay Hassan def. Dwayne Thaffard
- Tama Heka def. Tate Clark via Decision (Unanimous)
- Caleb Miller def. Rawiri Cameron via TKO
- Kevin Piras def. Matt Natad
- Brandon Young def. Maliyan Baker
- Faavesi Isaako def. Meng Sionetuato via Decision (Unanimous)