Tomorrow’s rematch between Anthony Mundine and rival Danny Green has been given the green light after both boxers officially made weight earlier today.
Mundine weighed in officially at 79.4kg, well below the 83kg catchweight agreed upon between the two parties. Green will likely have a significant size advantage come fight day, weighing in officially at 82.9kg.
The two boxers met back in 2006 in what was one of the most anticipated bouts in Australian boxing history. Then, after 12-rounds, Mundine came out ahead on the judges score cards (116-113, 118-111, 118-112) in front of a crowd over over 35,000 people in Sydney.
The rematch place at the Adelaide Oval in South Australia on Friday night and will be broadcast live on Mainevent pay-per-view beginning at 7pm (AEDT).
- Anthony Mundine (47-7) vs. Danny Green (35-5)
- Andrew Maloney (11-0) vs. Renoel Pael (21-4-1)
- Jason Maloney (11-0) vs. Marco Demecillo (22-6-1)
- Trent Broadhurst (19-1) vs. Nader Hamdan (44-13-1)
- Tim Tszyu (1-0) vs. Mark Dalby (4-12)
- Quade Cooper (2-0) vs. Jack McInnes (0-2)
- Ivan Kolar (1-5) vs. Shane Tuck (0-1)
- David Aloua (11-2) vs. Filipo Fonoti Masoe (3-11)