Australian Top Team Sydney flyweight Shane Parker made it back-to-back wins on Saturday night, outpointing Perth’s Ryan Robertson in the Urban Fight Night 7 main event. The victory follows his decision win over Perth’s Justin Cobby at Urban Fight Night 6 in March.
Featherweights Brad Shortland and Joshua Culibao fought to a controversial split draw after three rounds in the co-main event. Shortland reportedly came in heavy at the weigh-ins and was supposed to have a one point penalty going into the bout. It’s understood that the decision will be submitted for review by the NSW Combat Sports Authority.
The other pro bouts on the night saw ATT bantamweight Trent Girdham move his pro record to 2-0 after stopping Craig Lankester while also fighting out of Sydney’s ATT gym, James Najim remains undefeated after he stopped late replacement Paul Traish.
The promotion’s awards from Saturday night are as follows:
Fight of the night- Adam Ozkan vs Samuel Russo
Knockout of the night – Alex Gorgees
Submission of the night – Jerry Chen
Performance of the night – Liam Cooney
Performance of the night – Michael Goufas Piper
UFN 7 took place at the Whitlam Leisure Centre in Liverpool, NSW. The next offering from the promotion is slated for August 5.
- Shane Parker def Ryan Robertson via Decision (Unanimous)
- Brad Shortland vs Joshua Culibao (Split Draw)
- Trent Girdham def Craig Lankester via TKO, Rd 2
- James Najim def Paul Traish via TKO (Ground and Pound), Rd 1
- Joel Kendricks def Jamie Carl via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1
- Mone Teaupa def Alex Luczynski via TKO, Rd 1
- Stjohn Black def Ash Mironow via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1
- Liam Cooney def Daniel Fel via Decision (Split)
- Jerry Chen def Thomas Riley via Submission (Triangle Choke), Rd 2
- Mose Afoa def Grant Brechney via TKO, Rd 1
- Michael Goufas Piper def Jack McLackland via Decision (Unanimous)
- Alex Gorgees def Jackson Amey via TKO, Rd 1
- Adam Ozkan def Samuel Russo via Decision (Unanimous)
- Alby Figueira def Mitchell Birkett via Decision (Unanimous)