The UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs Bisping fight card is now complete with UFC officials today announcing the final matchup for the Sydney show. It was revealed that bantamweights Frankie Seanz (9-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Aljamain Sterling (10-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will meet in the event opener.
On the other end of the lineup, warring middleweights Luke Rockhold (12-6 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Michael Bisping (25-6 MMA, 15-6 UFC) will clash in what is scheduled to be a five-round main event. Meanwhile, a lightweight tilt between Ross Pearson (16-7-1 MMA, 8-4-1 UFC) and Al Iaquinta (9-3-1 MMA, 4-2 UFC) will fill the co-main event slot.
The remaining two matchups for the main card will see Sydney’s Robert Whitaker (12-4 MMA, 3-2 UFC) make his middleweight debut against Clint Hester (11-3 MMA, 4-0 UFC), while Perth based heavyweight Soa Palelei (21-4 MMA, 3-2 UFC) takes on Daniel Omielańczuk (16-4-1-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC).
A previously scheduled matchup between Mike De La Torre and Mark Eddiva has been scrapped due to injury.
All up, eight Australian fighters are slated for the show, which will take place on Saturday, November 8 at the Allphones Arena in Sydney.
- Luke Rockhold vs Michael Bisping
- Ross Pearson vs Al Iaquinta
- Robert Whittaker vs Clint Hester
- Soa Palelei vs Daniel Omielańczuk
- Jake Matthews vs Vagner Rocha
- Anthony Perosh vs Guto Inocente
- Dylan Andrews vs Sam Alvey
- Richie Vaculik vs Neil Seery
- Vik Grujic vs Chris Clements
- Luke Zachrich vs Daniel Kelly
- Jumabieke Tuerxun vs Marcus Brimage
- Aljamain Sterling vs Frankie Saenz