(Photo source: twitter.com/UFC)
All 10 bouts for UFC’s first event in Singapore were given the green light earlier today, as the fighters stepped on the scale at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
Headlining the card will be a welterweight showdown between Tarec Saffiedine (14-3), who after impressing in Strikeforce will finally make his UFC debut against 28 year-old South Korean fighter Hyung Gyu Lim (12-3-1). Saffiedine tipped the scaled at an 170 pounds (77.1 kgs), while Lim came in slightly heavier at 171 pounds (77.5kgs). Also on the card, Pride FC & Dream veteran Tatsuya Kawajiri (32-7-2) makes his long awaited UFC debut when he meets fellow newcomer Sean Soriano (8-0). Both fighters weighed in at an even 145 pounds (65.7 kgs) for their featherweight fight.
The main card will be available to watch in Australia on Fuel TV on Sunday morning at 1am (AEDT).
Official Weigh-In Results:
- Tarec Saffiedine (170 lbs/77.11 kgs) vs Hyun Gyu Lim (171 lbs/77.56 kgs)
- Tatsuya Kawajiri (145 lbs/65.77 kgs) vs Sean Soriano (145 lbs/65.77 kgs)
- Luis Jorge Dutra Jr (171 lbs/77.56 kgs) vs Kiichi Kunimoto (171 lbs/77.56 kgs)
- Kyung Ho Kang (136 lbs/61.68 kgs) vs Shunichi Shimizu (135 lbs/61.23 kgs)
- Max Holloway (146 lbs/66.22 kgs) vs Will Chope (146 lbs/66.22 kgs)
- Katsunori Kikuno (156 lbs/70.76 kgs) vs Quinn Mulhern (155 lbs/70.30 kgs)
- Royston Wee (134 lbs/60.78 kgs) vs Dave Galera (136 lbs/61.68 kgs)
- Mairbek Taisumov (155 lbs/70.30 kgs) vs Tae Hyun Bang (156 lbs/70.76 kgs)
- Dustin Kimura (135 lbs/61.23 kgs) vs Jon delos Reyes (135 lbs/61.23 kgs)
- Leandro Issa (136 lbs/61.68 kgs) vs Russell Doane (135 lbs/61.23 kgs)