Cuban-Australian fighter Hector Lombard successfully made weight for his UFC 182 welterweight match-up against Josh Burkman on Friday night. Lombard weighed in at 170.5 lbs (77.5 kgs), while his opponent Burkman came in at the limit of 171 lbs (77.1 kgs).
The two will start off the main card portion of the card which will be shown in Australia on Mainevent PPV.
Since dropping down to welterweight, Lombard (34-4-1, UFC 3-2) has racked up two consecutive wins against highly touted opponents Nate Marquardt and Jake Shields. An impressive win for the current #6 ranked UFC contender will move the Sydney 2000 Olympian a step closer to a title shot.
34 year-old Josh Burkman (27-10, UFC 5-5) makes his UFC return after being cut six years ago. Outside the organisation, Burkman has most recently competed in the World Series of Fighting promotion where he has scored wins against the likes of Aaron Simpson, Jon Fitch and Tyler Stinson.
UFC 182 will be headlined by a UFC light-heavyweight title fight between current champion Jon Jones and the undefeated Daniel Cormier. Both fighters weighed in at an even 205 lbs (92.9 kgs). After months of tension between the two, both will be eager to settle it and get that decisive win when they meet in the cage.
Main Card – Mainevent PPV (2pm AEDT):
- Jon Jones (205 lbs/92.9 kgs) vs Daniel Cormier (205 lbs/92.9 kgs)
- Donald Cerrone (155.5 lbs/70.5 kgs) vs Myles Jury (155.5 lbs/70.5 kgs)
- Nate Marquardt (185.5 lbs/84.1 kgs) vs Brad Tavares (185 lbs/83.9 kgs)
- Kyoji Horiguchi (125 lbs/56.6 kgs) vs Louis Gaudinot (125 lbs/56.6 kgs)
- Hector Lombard (170.5 lbs/77.3 kgs) vs Josh Burkman (171 lbs/77.5 kgs)
Preliminaries – Fox Sports 3 (12pm AEDT):
- Danny Castillo (156 lbs/70.7 kgs) vs Paul Felder (156 lbs/70.7 kgs)
- Marcus Brimage (136 lbs/61.6 kgs) vs Cody Garbrandt (135.5 lbs/61.4 kgs)
- Shawn Jordan (261 lbs/118.38 kgs) vs Jared Cannonier (235 lbs/106.5 kgs)
- Evan Dunham (155.5 lbs/70.5 kgs) vs Rodrigo Damm (156 lbs/70.7 kgs)
Preliminaries – UFC Fight Pass (11am AEDT):
- Omari Akhmedov (170.5 lbs/77.3 kgs) vs Mats Nilsson (171 lbs/77.5 kgs)
- *Alexis Dufresne (138 lbs/62.5 kgs) vs Marion Reneau (135.5 lbs/61.4 kgs)
*Dufresne missed weight and was fined 20 percent of her purse.