Rising Muay Thai star Tyson Harrison has been elevated to the main event of this weekend’s ONE Friday Fights 18 event.
“John Wayne Noi” was set to face Pongsiri PK Saenchai on the international portion of the card, but will now face the Thai in the headliner at the historic Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.
It’s another vote of confidence from the ONE brass for the Corporate Box Valley representative, who is hot off the heels of his epic maiden ONE Championship victory over former two-time Rajadamnern Stadium Champion Rambo Mor Rattanabandit just two months ago.
Harrison’s last-gasp knockout against Rambo followed a razor-thin split decision loss to former four-time Muay Thai World Champion Seksan Or Kwanmuang on debut in January.
The 22-year-old Queenslander faces another decorated Thai former champion this time around, in the form of Pongsiri.
Pongsiri will be another stiff test for Harrison, with 205 professional bouts on his resume highlighted by two Lumpinee Stadium Championships and four Muay Thai World Titles.
The 32-year-old has been with ONE since 2020 and was last seen outpointing tough Turkish striker Ferzan Cicek at ONE Friday Fights 2 in January.
ONE Friday Fights 18 Full Fight Card
- Bantamweight Muay Thai: Tyson Harrison vs. Pongsiri PK Saenchai
- Catchweight (132lb) Muay Thai: Samingdam Chor Ajalabon vs. Mahamongkol Move on Chiangmai
- Strawweight Muay Thai: Teeyai PK Saenchai vs. Saklek Kiatsongrit
- Bantamweight Muay Thai: Sansiri Pet Por.Tor.Or vs. Rit Keawsamrit
- Catchweight (129lb) Muay Thai: Chatanan Sor Jor Joyprajin vs. Suphachailek Nengsubyai
- Catchweight (116lb) Muay Thai: Petnumkhum Phundakrataburi vs. Petkritsada CMA Academy
- Featherweight Kickboxing: Mohammed Boutasaa vs. Mohammed Siasarani
- Lightweight Muay Thai: Chanajon PK Saenchai vs. Mohammed Hanoun
- Catchweight (128lb) Kickboxing: Smilla Sundell vs. Milana Bjelogrlic
- Flyweight Muay Thai: Johan Ghazali vs. Tai Sor Jor Piek Uthai
- Flyweight MMA: Manthan Rane vs. Andrey Chelbaev
- Lightweight MMA: Ali Kabdulla vs. Richard Godoy