Pictured: Ty Duncan victorious in main event of Coastal Combat (Source: Coastal Combat Facebook)
Local fighter Ty Duncan made quick work of opponent Nathan Wilson, submitting him in the first round.
The bout headlined Coastal Combat 1 which held it’s first event on Friday night at the Surf Air Beach Hotel in Marcoola on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
Duncan secured the rear-naked choke to take his professional record to 2-0. Wilson drops his debut professional bout.
Fight Card (Pro):
- Ty Duncan def. Nathan Wilson via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1
Fight Card (Amateur):
- Juwaan Terekia def. Lewis Shally via TKO (Head-Kick & Punches), Rd 1
- Tyrone Devery def. Ryan Bishop via Decision (Unanimous)
- Tom Yarwood def. Aaron Miller via TKO (Cut), Rd 2
- Bradford Cowie def. Nils Schweighoefer via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1
- Loni Filimoehala def. Jay Winter via Decision (Unanimous)
- Alex Hong def. Mehdrard Moazemi via Decision (Unanimous)
- Taj Fewquandie def. Travis Wharton via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1
- Elli-Bliss Reynolds def. Caroline Beldam via TKO (Punches), Rd 2
- Loki Davey def. Corey Healy via Submission (Armbar), Rd 2