Tim Moore added a third domestic title to his collection on Saturday night with a unanimous decision victory over the man who last defeated him, Shaun Etchell.
The event headlined Eternal MMA 12 which took place at the Hellenic Centre in Bundall, Queensland and streamed live via GFL.tv.
Etchell pushed the action against the cage early where he landed knees from inside the clinch. With a strong crowd behind him, Moore broke free and momentarily dropped Etchell with a left hook. Etchell back to his feet but Moore jumped on his opponent’s back and spent the rest of the round attempting to sink in the rear-naked choke between landing strikes.
Moore started the second round attempting to land a superman punch off the cage which was countered by the Tasmanian youngster, securing a takedown. Moore immediately jumped back to his feet where he waved his opponent on. Etchell again closed the distance and pressed Moore against the cage where the two remained for the remainder of the round.
The two fighters ended up clinched against the cage but this time Moore worked his way off the cage and secured a takedown. Etchell worked hard to escape from underneath. With Moore’s hands still on the mat, Etchell inadvertently landed a knee which costed him a point on the judge’s cards. On the restart Moore secured a takedown and both finished strong with with Etchell in particular landing a series of elbows from the bottom.
All three judges awarded the fight to Tim Moore 29-27 with Moore adding the Eternal MMA flyweight title to his current Fightworld Cup and Carnage in the Cage titles.
Among the main B-class fights on the card, Jacob Holyman Tague kept his undefeated record intact with a submission win over Corbin Robertson while in an entertaining featherweight bout PUMMA’s Aaron Fisher stopped Pati Lemai with strikes early in the third round.
Fight Card (A-Class):
- Tim Moore def Shaun Etchell via Decision (Unanimous) – Eternal MMA flyweight title
Fight Card (B Class):
- Jacob Holyman Tague def Corbin Robertson via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 3, 2:58
- Aaron Fisher def Pati Lemai via TKO (Punches), Rd 3, 1:07
- Brad Gawthorne def Corey Cottle via Decision (Unanimous)
- Tom Taylor def Michael Orphin via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:55
- Jamie Renouf def Jack McCarthy via Submission (Triangle Choke), Rd 3, 2:13
- Thomas Cooper def Phillip Lewis via KO (Head-Kick), Rd 1, 1:01
- Maxine Smith def Jessica McCarthy via Decision (Split)
- Steven Darby def Brett Kelly via Decision (Unanimous)
- Daniel Hill def James Hooper via Decision (Unanimous)
- Robert Coleman def Peru Kavana via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 1:53
- Dan Bramich def Hamish Bancroft via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 2, 1:25