Australian based Thanh Vu and New Zealand fighter Ev Ting have both successfully made weight for their bouts scheduled to take place in Malaysia on Friday night on Asian promotion One Championship.
The event, One 25: Age of Champions takes place at Stadium Putra, in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
Training out of the Martial Arts Development gym in Smithfield, New South Wales, Vu weighed in at 56.6 kgs (124.5 lbs), while his Malaysian opponent Gianni Subba weighed in slightly heavier at 56.7 kgs (125 lbs). It will be Vu’s fourth appearance in the One Championship promotion, and he will be eager to get a win on the board after losing his last two outings. Subba will be making his sixth appearance in the promotion having lost just once in his previous appearances.
Auckland MMA trained Ev Ting will be looking at making it three wins from as many appearances in the promotion. The 25 year-old came in at 65.7 kgs (144.5 lbs) for his featherweight bout against Cary Bullos. Bullos weighed in at 65.6 kgs (144 lbs).
The event will be headlined by a One flyweight title fight as current champion Adrian Moraes looks to defend his belt against Japanese fighter Riku Shibuya.
- Adriano Moraes (56.7 kgs/125 lbs) vs Riku Shibuya (56.7 kgs/125 lbs) – One Flyweight title fight
- Peter Davis (70.3 kgs/154.5 lbs) vs Rajinder Singh Meena (70.1 kgs/154 lbs)
- Ann Osman (55.7 kgs/122.5 lbs) vs Walaa Abbas (56.6 kgs/124.5 lbs)
- Cary Bullos (65.5 kgs/144 lbs) vs Ev Ting (65.7 kgs/144.5 lbs)
- Thanh Vu (56.6 kgs/124.5 lbs) vs Gianni Subba (56.7 kgs/125 lbs)
- Kirstie Gannaway (48 kgs/105.5 lbs) vs April Osenio (48 kgs/105.5 lbs)
- Ramon Gonzales (60.6 kgs/133 lbs) vs Chan Rothana (61.05 kgs/134 lbs)
- Reant Fabriza Rainir (77.6 kgs/171 lbs) vs Agilan Thani (81.5 kgs/179 lbs)