Western Sydney based promotion Superfight returned to Club Punchbowl on Friday night with show number 2, which was headlined by a middleweight clash between local fighter David Francis and visiting Auckland fighter Beau Rawiri.
The main event did not go the way of the hometown favorite with Francis losing a split points decision to the Kiwi. Going into the contest, Francis was enjoying back-to-back 2015 KO victories over Reza Almasi and Jasper Dunphy, both under the Brace banner. “Ruthless” Rawiri has looked impressive of late, also picking up recent KO stoppages over Regan Wyllie and Ryan Barry.
Local lion’s Den Academy bantamweight George Malizis got one back for the local crowd earlier in the night by outpointing NZ’s Jack Ferguson in the co-main event.
Meanwhile, undefeated as an amateur going into the event , NSW light heavyweight Nathan Reddy stopped Jamie Lyngkiust early and in other pro results from the night, former Urban Fight Night amateur featherweight champion Joshua Culibao, also on pro debut, put away Lithgow’s Paul Traish in the opening round.
Friday’s event followed the promotion’s debut offering back in August last year where Greg Atzori Submitted Abel Brites in the headliner.
- Beau Rawiri def David Francis via Decision (Split)
- George Malizis def Jack Ferguson via Decision (Unanimous)
- Nathan Reddy def Jamie Lyngkiust via TKO, Rd 1, 0:51
- Josh Culibao def Paul Traish via TKO, Rd 1, 4:28
- Marko Papuckovski def Geo Ellahi via Decision (Unanimous)
- Jacob Malkoun def Rhys Savage via Decision (Unanimous)
- Troy Safy def Samuel Phillips via TKO, Rd 1, 1:50
- Lachlan Patterson def Kieran Jamieson via TKO, Rd 1, 2:55
- Robby Lara def Damien Duthiel via TKO, Rd 1, 1:10
- Dean Bradley def Jason Stuart via TKO, Rd 1, 2:44
* Image courtesy of K.O Fight Photography (Facebook)