Jarrett Wilbraham from Warhammer MMA took home the Storm Damage bantamweight strap, conquering two opponents in a single night in the four-man Grand Prix while veteran fighter Richard Kemp-Hay unseated younger reigning champion Simon Arentz to claim the featherweight title.
Storm Damage 8 took place at The Auditorium, Erindale Vikings in Wanniassa, Canberra on Saturday night.
Wilbraham started off the night’s action and went the distance in a bout against Luke Apps to start proceedings. The Warhammer MMA trained fighter progressed to the next round via unanimous decision. On the other side of the four-man tournament, Luke Standing also went the distance, winning a unanimous decision against Adam Belcher.
The two met in the final fight of the night, with Wilbraham securing the third round rear-naked choke submission to take home the bantamweight title.
In the semi-main event, local veteran Richard Kemp-Hay returned from an extended break to dethrone featherweight champion Simon Arentz. In a fun back-and-forth contest, where both fighters had their moments, Kemp-Hay ultimately secured the rear-naked choke late in the third round to take home the win.
Full Results (A-Class):
- Jarrett Wilbraham def Luke Standing via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 3, 2:40 – Storm bantamweight title
- Richard Kemp-Hay def Simon Arentz via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 3, 3:29 – Storm featherweight title
- David Fowler def Saeid Fatahifar via TKO, Rd 3, 2:41
- Todd Burgess def Jamie Carl via Submission (Head-Arm Choke), Rd 1, 2:19
- Trent Girdham def Joe Pollock via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 0:43
- David Adamthwaite def Isaac Dean via Decision (Unanimous)
- Joel Downey-Cave def Jordan Goode via TKO, Rd 2, 2:48
- Blake Wilbraham def Ryan Green via TKO, Rd 1, 1:32
- Dean Maxwell def Stanley Carmichael via Submission (Armbar), Rd 3, 1:39
- Ryan Gillett def Kristian Garlick via Submission (Armbar), Rd 1, 2:03
- Jarrod Farlow def Luke Harvison via TKO, Rd 1, 0:38
- Luke Standing def Adam Belcher via Decision (Unanimous)
- Jarrett Wilbraham def Luke Apps via Decision (Unanimous)