The Melbourne UFC 193 card has had another heavyweight bout added to the line-up with officials confirming that Stefan Struve (26-7 MMA, 10-5 UFC) will face-off against Jared Rosholt (13-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC).
News of the bout was first reported on MMA Junkie.
Twenty-seven year-old Struve, who had his career halted due to a heart condition in 2014, is coming off an impressive unanimous decision win over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira earlier this month. The bout was a must win fight for “Skyscraper” who had suffered back-to-back defeats prior to that to Mark Hunt and Alistair Overeem.
His opponent, 29-year-old Rosholt will be hoping to end the year undefeated after two impressive performances thus far in 2015 against Josh Copeland and a fortnight ago against Timothy Johnson. It will be the second outing for Rosholt in this part of the world after upsetting Soa Palelei on the New Zealand card last year.
UFC 193: Lawler vs Condit takes place at Etihad stadium in Melbourne on November 15. As previously announced, the event will feature the first UFC title contested in Australia when welterweight champion Robbie Lawler (26-10) meets challenger Carlos Condit (30-8). In the co-main event, Mark Hunt (10-10-1) rematches Antonio Silva (19-7).
The card currently stands like this:
- Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit – UFC welterweight title
- Mark Hunt vs Antonio Silva
- Robert Whittaker vs Michael Bisping
- Jared Rosholt vs Stefan Struve
- Jake Matthews vs Akbarh Arreola
- Kyle Noke vs Peter Sobotta
- Anthony Perosh vs Gian Villante
- Daniel Kelly vs Ricardo Abreu
- Richard Walsh vs Steve Kennedy
- Brendan O’Reilly vs William Macario
- Richie Vaculik vs TBA