Tasmanian based Valor MMA returns to their home state this Saturday with another Valor Amateur series event scheduled to be held at the Albert Hall in Launceston, Tasmania on Saturday, February 28.
Formerly called the Valor C-Series, the promotion has renamed it the Valor AM series with this event being the seventh in the series.
The event will be headlined by a full professional rules bout between Tasmanian fighter Shaw Dean (MMA 2-0, Valor 2-0) and Victoria’s Hoshi Friedrich (MMA 2-2, Valor 2-1). The bout will be supported by an amateur under-card of fighters from Tasmania and Victoria.
Dean, who is the owner of the Hybrid Training Centre in Hobart, will be dropping down to welterweight for the first time in his attempt to get a shot at current Valor welterweight champion Callan Potter. Dean has previously defeated both Jesse Gibbins and Nick Rundle in the Valor cage. His opponent Hoshi Friedrich scored an impressive first round TKO win over Damon Upton-Greer back at Valor 9 in November.
Fight Card (A-Class):
- Shaw Dean vs Hoshi Friedrich
Fight Card (B-Class):
- Perrin Meir-Anderson vs Jamie Watterson
- Tyson Mallinson vs Matthew Fraser
- Ant Poke vs Ben Barrett
- Dave Cutcliffe vs Taz Sibley
- Jolon van Santen vs Uria Afamasaga
Fight Card (C-Class):
- Jess Street vs Kate Golaszewski
- Stefan Somerville vs Matthew Brunskill
- Adam Evans vs Andrew Pritchett
- Calum Young vs Matt Rettalick
- Regan Spencer vs Phillip Kerrison
- Hamish McLaren vs Pete Tabb