Australian based fighters Robert Whittaker, Dylan Andrews and Ben Alloway have all succesfully made weight for their match-ups scheduled to take place on the UFC Fight Night 27 event in Indianapolis, USA.
In a battle of The Ultimate Fighter winners, 22 year-old Robert Whittaker successfully made the welterweight mark weighing in at 170.5 pounds, with his opponent Court McGee came in at 170 pounds. After winning his first two fights in the UFC, Whittaker will be looking at continuing the impressive form against Court McGee who is coming off a decision victory over veteran Josh Neer. Sportsbet.com.au has Whittaker the favourite at 1.63, while McGee is paying 2.19.
In a middleweight clash, Gold Coast based Dylan Andrews will be aiming for his sixth straight career win when he faces Swedish fighter Papy Abedi. Andrews weighed in 185 pounds, while Abedi came in slightly less at 184.5 pounds. After securing a contract following his appearance in TUF 17, Andrews defeated fellow TUF housemate Jimmy Quinlan in the finale. Abedi came into the UFC undefeated after eight fights, but his UFC tenure has not been as successful having gone 2-1. Sportsbet.com.au has Andrews the clear favourite at 1.31 while Abedi is at 3.26.
Both Ben Alloway and Zak Cummings need a win to keep the UFC dreams alive with a loss likely spelling an end to their current run in the CFC. Alloway came in at 170 pounds, while Zac Cummings who dropping from middleweight for the first time weighed in at 170.5 pounds. After a spectacular knockout of Manuel Rodriguez in his debut, Alloway lost his last outing by decision to Ryan LaFlare. Cummings was notably defeated by Alloway’s team-mate Dylan Andrews in the TUF 17 house and will be making his official UFC debut in this bout. Cummings though did open up a big favourite, but since then it has evened up with Alloway paying 1.98 and Cummings 1.76 with Sportsbet.com.au.
The main event is also set with Carlos Condit and Martin Kampmann both making weight successfully. In the anticipated rematch, Condit came in at 170.5 pounds while Kampmann at 170 pounds.
Australian start times – Thursday, 29 August
Main Card (Fox Sports 2/Fuel TV at 10am AEST):
- Carlos Condit (170.5 lbs/ 77.3 kgs) vs Martin Kampmann (170 lbs/77.1 kgs)
- Donald Cerrone (156 lbs/70.6 kgs) vs Rafael Dos Anjos (155 lbs/70.5 kgs)
- Kelvin Gastelum (170 lbs/77.1 kgs) vs Brian Melancon (170 lbs/77.1 kgs)
- Erik Perez (135.5 lbs/61.4 kgs) vs Takeya Mizugaki (135.5 lbs/61.4 kgs)
- Court McGee (170 lbs/77.1 kgs) vs Robert Whittaker (170.5 lbs/77.3 kgs)
- Brad Tavares (186 lbs/84.3 kgs) vs Robert McDaniel (185 lbs/83.9 kgs)
Preliminary Card (Fuel TV at 8am AEST):
- Dylan Andrews (185 lbs/83.9 kgs) vs Papy Abedi (184.5 lbs/83.6 kgs)
- Justin Edwards (170 lbs/77.1 kgs) vs Brandon Tatch (170 lbs/77.1 kgs)
- Darren Elkins (145 lbs/65.7 kgs) vs Hatsu Hioki (146 lbs/66.2 kgs)
- James Head (170.5 lbs/77.3 kgs) vs Jason High (171 lbs/77.5 kgs)
Preliminary Card (Facebook at 7am AEST)
- Zac Cummings (170.5 lbs/77.3 kgs) vs Ben Alloway (170 lbs/77.1 kgs)
- Roger Bowling (155.5 lbs/70.5 kgs) vs Abel Trujillo (155 lbs/70.5 kgs)