Australian fighter Richard Walsh successfully made weight for his main card bout against Alan Jouban tomorrow night.
The bout is scheduled to be the second fight on the main card of UFC 184, which is taking place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Saturday night. The main card will be broadcast in Australian on Sunday via pay-per-view on Mainevent.
Training out of the VT1 gym in Sydney, Walsh tipped the scale at an even 171 pounds (77.5 kgs). His opponent, American Alan Jouban came in slightly lighter at 170.5 pounds (77.3 kgs). A former TUF Nations competitor, Walsh brings a 8-2 (UFC 1-1) record while Jouban has a record of 10-3 (UFC 1-1).
The event is headlined by a UFC women’s bantamweight title as Ronda Rousey defends her title against Cat Zingano. Rousey came in at 135 pounds (61.2 kgs), while the undefeated challenger Cat Zingano weighed in at 135.5 pounds (61.4 kgs).
Main Card (Mainevent PPV @ 2pm AEDT):
- Ronda Rousey (135 lbs/61.2 kgs) vs Cat Zingano (134.5 lbs/61.0 kgs) – UFC womens bantamweight title
- Holly Holm (135.5 lbs/61.4 kgs) vs Raquel Pennington (135.5 lbs/61.4 kgs)
- Jake Ellenberger (171 lbs/77.5 kgs) vs Josh Koscheck (170.5 lbs/77.3 kgs)
- Alan Jouban (170.5 lbs/77.3 kgs) vs Richard Walsh (171 lbs/77.5 kgs)
- Tony Ferguson (156 lbs/70.7 kgs) vs Gleison Tibau (155 lbs/70.3 kgs)
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports @ 12pm AEDT):
- Roan Carneiro (184.5 lbs/83.6 kgs) vs Mark Munoz (186 lbs/84.3 kgs)
- Roman Salazar (135 lbs/61.2 kgs) vs Norifumi Yamamoto (136 lbs/61.6 kgs)
- Dhiego Lima (170 lbs/77.1 kgs) vs Tim Means (170 lbs/77.1 kgs)
- Derrick Lewis (262 lbs/118.8 kgs) vs Ruan Potts (253 lbs/114.7 kgs)
*Munoz successfully made weight on his second attempt.