Australian fighter Peter Graham made a successful debut in Polish promotion Konfrontacja Sztuk Walki (KSW) early this morning after his opponent Marcin Rozalski was forced to submit due to a knee injury.
The fight took place on the KSW 28 card held at the Municipal Hall in Szczecin, Poland on Saturday night (Sunday morning Australian time). The event was streamed live via KSWTV.com.
The fight never felt like it was going the distance as both heavyweights exchanged heavy shots from the outside, with Rozalski in particular utilising some strong kicks and grazed Graham with a spinning-back fist. Graham landed a nice one-two before a failed trip from Rozalski gave Graham mount. The Sydney based fighter immediately pounded away with ground-and-pound and took the back as Rozalski looked to escape. Graham got his hook in and looked to finish the rear-naked choke but Rozalski reversed just as the round ended.
Official scorecards from the promotion did have Peter Graham down after the first-round.
Graham starts the second with a nice one-two before both fighters exchanged some heavy shots against the cage. Graham caught the leg of Rozalski and took the fight to the ground. As he attempted to pass, Rozalski injured his knee and quickly tapped in agony.
The end came at 0:43 of the second-round. Graham moves his professional MMA record to 10-7 as he halts a two-fight losing streak.
In the main event, Karol Bedorf held on to his KSW heavyweight title with a first round stoppage over Rolles Gracie. Bedorf hurt Gracie with a kick to the midsection which left Gracie wincing in pain. Bedorf followed him to the floor to get the stoppage.
- Karol Bedorf def Rolles Gracie via TKO (Knee to Body & Punches), Rd 1
- Michał Materla def Jorge Luis Bezerra via TKO (Punches), Rd 2, 1:46
- Pete Graham def Marcin Rozalski via TKO (Injury), Rd 2, 0:43
- Maciej Jewtuszko def Vaso Bakocevic via TKO (Knee to Body), Rd 3, 3:00
- Rafał Moks def Daniel Acacio via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1, 4:42
- Anzor Azhiev def Helson Henriques via Decision (Unanimous)
- Marcin Parcheta def Rafal Jackiewicz via TKO (Leg Kicks), Rd 3, 3:53
- Michał Włodarek def Michał Andryzak via KO (Punches), Rd 1, 0:27
- Szymon Bajor def Kamil Walus via TKO (Punches), Rd 2
- Jakub Kowalewicz def Kamil Gniadek via Decision (Unanimous)