Kimekai MMA trained Joseph Luciano lost a decision against the more experienced Brazilian Carlos Prates on Wednesday night at the One Warrior Series 9 event in Singapore. The event aims to find One Championship’s next big star.
Luciano has an extensive amateur career however was competing for just the second time in the pro ranks. Prates, on the hand, was having his 15th bout and used that experience to frustrate and outstrike Luciano to a unanimous decision win. A member of Tiger Muay Thai, Prates stayed calm and landed the heavier shots throughout the three rounds as the Aussie struggled to impose his will, flurrying with swinging punches the longer the fight went.
As the final bell went though, the decision was clear as Prates moved his record to 10-5.
Western Australian athlete Kirsty Obst looked impressive in her first-round stoppage of Vietnamese-Australian Uyen Ha. Obst, finished the bout by landing a flush left-right combination that floored her opponent. Further punches on the ground and the referee had no choice but to halt the contest.
Obst moves to 2-0 as a pro, in what was also her second appearance under the One Warrior Series banner.
The night was made even more special for Obst, as fellow MMA fighter Ryan Robertson used an opportunity at the event of the event to ask Obst’s hand in marriage. Obst said yes!
Also on the card, New Zealand-Vietnamese flyweight Viet Anh Do knocked-out Indian Govind Singh in the opening round, while Brazilian Michele Ferreira proved too much for Kiwi Nyrene Crowley, submitting her with an armbar in openin stanza.
- Wei Xei def. Rockie Bactol via KO/TKO, Rd 1, 0:47
- Carlos Prates def. Joseph Luciano (Australia) via Decision (Unanimous)
- Ali Motamed def. Hikaru Yoshino via Decision (Split)
- Joo Hwan Kim def. Saharat Khongsawat via KO/TKO, Rd 2, 1:20
- Ji Yeon Seo def. Rocel Catalan via KO/TKO, Rd 1, 1:22
- Young Jun Kim def. Ashraf Fauxi via KO/TKO, Rd 1, 1:46
- Michele Ferreira def. Nyrene Crowley (New Zealand) via Submission (Armbar), Rd 1, 2:21
- Ganbayar Tumurkhuyag def. Vincent Majid via KO/TKO, Rd 2, 0:09
- Viet Anh Do (New Zealand/Vietnam) def. Govind Singh via KO/TKO, Rd 1
- Kristy Obst (Australia) def. Uyen Ha (Australia/Vietnam) via KO/TKO, Rd 1, 2:39
- Chang Ho Lee def. Micael Guilherme de Jesus via KO/TKO, Rd 3, 2:28
- Purev Otgonjargal def. Taeho Park via Submission (D’Arce Choke), Rd 3, 3:43
- Ovais Shah vs. Asraful Islam – No Contest
- Toreq def. Allan Albindo via Decision (Split)