The title fights for tomorrow nights Nitro MMA 9 event have been made official with all fighters participating in the title fights making weight successfully. Participating in the main event, Townsville based fighter Ian Bone weighed in at 77.18 kgs for his Nitro welterweight Title defence against Corey Nelson from Sydney. Nelson weighed in slightly less at 77.1 kgs.
After missing weight at his first attempt, Julian “Julz The Jackal” Rabaud needed to return to make weight successfully for his highly anticipated rematch against Chris Morris. Rabaud weighed in at 61.8 on his second attempt while Morris weighed in successfully on the first attempt 61.14 kgs.
There were no dramas for the Nitro middleweight title fight with undefeated youngster Tyler Manawaroa weighing in at 84.36 kgs, while his opponent weighed in at 83.88 kgs.
Only one fighter missed weight, as Matthew Frincu missed weight by 500 grams on his second attempt. The fight will go ahead with Frincu giving up 20% of his purse to his opponent Nathan Ngan.
- Ian Bone (77.18 kgs) vs Corey Nelson (77.1 kgs)
Vacant Nitro Bantamweight Title:
- Chris Morris (61.14 kgs) vs *Julian Rabaud (61.8 kgs)
- Tyler Manawaroa (84.36 kgs) vs Taipari Rikihana (83.88 kgs)
Fight Card (Professional):
- Chris Lokteff (111.5 kgs) vs Cam Bracewell (112.2 kgs)
- Alex MacDonald (70.45 kgs) vs Sam Bastin (70.4 kgs)
- **Matthew Frincu (78.36 kgs) vs Nathan Ngan (76.8 kgs)
- Arlene Blencowe (61.65 kgs) vs Jessy Rose-Clark (61.6 kgs)
- Tim Moore (58.3 kgs) vs Michael Roger (58.0 kgs)
- Shannon McClellan (61.3 kgs) vs Edwin Arana (60.8 kgs)
- Matthew George (61.6 kgs) vs Mitchell Mallett (61.3 kgs)
*On his second attempt, Julian Rabaud made weight at 61.3 kgs.
**On his second attempt, Frincu was overweight by 500 grams, giving up 20% of his purse to Ngan.