Australian Matthew Frincu continues to impress as the American based welterweight secured another victory, this time defeating Christian Aguilera in the main event of Legacy Fighting Alliance 44.
LFA 44 took place Friday night (Saturday AEST) at the Comerica Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona.
All three judges scored the bout 29-28 in Frincu’s favour, as the 25-year-old took his professional record to 13-3 while his opponent Aguilera had his three fight winning streak come to an end, dropping to 11-5 as a pro.
Since making the move to Arizona in 2014, Frincu has lost just twice in an impressive 11 fights as he continues to stake a claim at a potential shot in the UFC.
- Matthew Frincu (Australia) def. Christian Aguilera via Decision (Unanimous)
- Casey Kenney def. Roman Salazar via Decision (Unanimous)
- Joey Miolla def. Glen Baker via Decision (Unanimous)
- Kamuela Kirk def. Boimah Karmo via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 2:13
- Richard Palencia def. Kevin Wirth via Decision (Split)
- Keoni Diggs def. Andy Varela via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 4:00
- Mario Bautista def. A.J. Robb via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 2, 3:30