Australian fighter Matthew Frincu secured a highlight reel head-kick knock-out over Eric Regan at World Series of Fighting (WSOF) 19.
The two met on the preliminary portion of the card held on Saturday night at the Comerica Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona.
From the get-go, Frincu cracked his opponent with a head-kick which sent Regan looking for a takedown. The takedown was defended and the punishment continued as Frincu continued his onslaught with constant kicks and knees from the clinch. Regan was on the receiving end of constant strikes, however showed a great heart to comeback late in the round by landing a body-kick and securing a takedown where he looked to lock up the armbar submission.
It was short lived though, as within seconds of the second round the Australian fighter connected with another head-kick, this time knocking out Regan. The official time came at 14-seconds into the second round.
The win was Frincu’s second on American soil after securing a TKO stoppage back in October on a Rage In The Cage card.
Formerly out of the Gold Coast, Frincu has relocated to the Arizona Combat Sports team as he looks to develop his skills. Frincu’s training partner Clifford Starks was also victorious on the event, submitting Jake Heun with a triangle choke in the second-round.
In the main event, Justin Gaethje took his record to 14-0 with TKO stoppage over Luis Palomino while late replacement Teddy Holder stunned former UFC fighter Thiago Silva.
- Justin Gaethje def Luis Palomino via TKO (Leg Kicks & Punches), Rd 3, 3:57
- Teddy Holder def Thiago Silva via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 2:00
- Timur Valiev def Ed West via TKO (Elbows & Punches), Rd 1, 1:39
- Clifford Starks def Jake Heun via Submission (Triangle Choke), Rd 2, 4:11
- Jimmy Spicuzza def Benny Madrid via Decision (Split)
- Joseph Gigliotti def Brendan Tierney via TKO (Elbows), Rd 3, 4:45
- Andres Ponce def Juan Archuleta via Submission (Triangle Choke), Rd 2, 0:53
- Dan Huber def Israel Aquino via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 3:03
- Matthew Frincu def Eric Regan via KO (Head-Kick), Rd 2, 0:14
- Erik Villalobos via Joe Madrid via Decision (Unanimous)