Prospect Lance Ettia (pictured) from Extreme MMA had a dominant performance against wily regional veteran Stephan Friedrich in Saturday’s main event at Fight Night Australia 43 and promoted by Nick Lundh.
The event took place at The York on Lilydale Resort in Mt. Evelyn, Victoria and featured a mixture of boxing, Muay-Thai and MMA on the night.
Ettia landed a big right hand to open the fight which Friedrich never recovered from and he battered Friedrich both standing and on the mat until the TKO finish came at 2:50 in the first round. The clash was for the IKBF East Coast Super Middle Weight MMA title and was awarded Fight of the Night.
In other MMA results from the night, Chris Wase submitted his opponent Andrew Falcke with a second-round armbar while Dylan Wolf scored a third round TKO over Peter Alavanja and Daniel O’Regan from the Invictus gym won a unanimous decision over Michael Barber.
In the headlining Muay-Thai bout, Nathan Carroll reclamined his IKBF Australian Featherweight Muay Thai title after a tough battle against Nathan Gamble. The unanimous decision win came at the end of their five-round fight with Carroll winning the fight with heavy knees from the clinch and an array of trips and throws.
The next show from the Eastern Melbourne promotion is Fight Night 44 on Saturday, May 3rd at the Lilydale Community Youth Club.
- Lance Ettia def Stephan Friedrich via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 2:50 – IKBF East Coast Super-Middleweight MMA Title
- Chris Wase def Andrew Falcke via Submission (Armbar), Rd 2, 2:25 – IKBF Victorian Light Middle Weight MMA Title
- Dylan Wolf def Peter Alavanja via TKO (Punches), Rd 3, 2:35
- Daniel O’Regan from Invictus defeated Michael Barber from Extreme via Decision (Unanimous)
- Nathan Carroll def Nathan Gamble via Decision (Unanimous) – IKBF Australian Featherweight Muay Thai Title
- Bentley Shefford def Rob Cerrittelli via Decision (Unanimous) – IKBF Australian Middle Weight Muay Thai Title
- Josh Greenhalgh def Ariki Meriotti via Decision (Unanimous)