Australian UFC veteran Kyle Noke suffered a shock and controversial loss to promotion newcomer Alex Morono at UFC 195 on Sunday.
Morono, who stepped up to make his UFC debut on 11 days notice edged out Noke via split points decision, however the decision proved controversial with 16 out of 17 media members scoring it for the Aussie according to MMADecisions.com,
Noke started the fight strongly, however a straight punch late in the first-round broke Noke’s nose and it seemed to hinder his performance for the rest of the fight as Morono came back into the fight and nearly submitted the 35-year-old Australian late in the fight with an armbar.
Two judges awarded the fight to Morono 29-28, while the other judge gave all three rounds to Noke.
The fight took place on the preliminary portion of UFC 195 which was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, USA.
In the main event, Robbie Lawler successfully defended his UFC welterweight title belt with a close split points decision against Carlos Condit.
Main Card Results (Mainevent PPV):
- Robbie Lawler def Carlos Condit via Decision (Split) – UFC welterweight title
- Stipe Miocic def Andre Arlovski via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 0:54
- Albert Tumenov def Lorenz Larkin via Decision (Split)
- Brian Ortega def Diego Brandao via Submission (Triangle Choke), Rd 3, 1:37
- Abel Trujillo def Tony Sims via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1, 3:18
Preliminary Card Results (Fox Sports):
- Michael McDonald def Masanori Kanehara via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:09
- Alex Morono def Kyle Noke via Decision (Split)
- Justine Kish def Nina Ansaroff via Decision (Unanimous)
- Drew Dober def Scott Holtzman via Decision (Unanimous)
Preliminary Card Results (UFC Fight Pass):
- Dustin Poirier def Joseph Duffy via Decision (Unanimous)
- Michinori Tanaka def Joe Soto via Decision (Split)
- Sheldon Westcott def Edgar Garcia via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 3:12