Perth Muay Thai star Jordan Godtfredsen will make his ONE Championship debut this Friday.
“Wolf” has drawn a tough assignment for ONE Friday Fights 25, when he takes on Thai star Yodlekpet Or Atchariya in the headlining bout of the international card at the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium on July 14.
The fight will take place at a 142-pound catchweight, as there is no super lightweight division under the ONE banner.
Godtfredsen represents Kao Sok Muay Thai alongside ONE star Danial “Mini T” Williams. The 30-yar-old has carved out a 33-9 mark on the local scene where he has fought a who’s who of his division.
Yodlekpet, for his part, is a highly decorated veteran of the sport.
“The Destroyer” is renowned for his ferocious fighting style, which has led him to the prestigious Lumpinee Boxing Stadium title as well as three title wins at Rajadamnern Stadium.
The 28-year-old has started his ONE career with a bang, knocking out Silviu Vitez, Saman Ashouri and Denis Puric, all in the space of four months.
Now he will have his sights set on Godtfredsen, who is unlikely to take a backward step as he looks to prove his mettle and take another step toward a potential six-figure ONE contract on offer via the promotion’s Friday Fights platform.
ONE Friday Fights 25 International Card
- Catchweight (142lb) Muay Thai: Yodlekpet Or Atchariya vs. Jordan Godtfredsen
- Flyweight Muay Thai: Johan Ghazali vs. Samurai Seeopal
- Catchweight (128lb) Muay Thai: Kaotaem Fairtex vs. Aslamjon Ortikov
- Flyweight Muay Thai: Sulaiman Looksuan vs. Kabilan Jelevan
- Lightweight MMA: Gabriel Souza vs. Daniel Donchenko
- Featherweight MMA: Reza Saedi vs. Carlos Alvarez