Jack Della survived a slow start to successfully defend his welterweight championship belt on Saturday night and take his winning streak to eight bouts.
The bout headlined Eternal 51 which took place at HBF Stadium in Perth, Western Australia
His opponent Glen Pettigrew started strongly and may have well been up on the judges cards after the first round, landing shots from the outside and capitalising it with a takedown late in the round.
Having won the first time the two met back in 2017, Della increased the tempo in the second-round, stalking his opponent around the cage and dropped Pettigrew with a body shot. Pettigrew recovered and got back to his feet however another crisp hook to the body ended the contest.
Jack Della moves to 8-2 as a pro with the win also being his eighth stoppage in a row.
“I still think that there is some better welterweights in Australia. I think I’m better than them and I need to prove that I’m better than them but if the UFC comes call, then I’ll definitely say ‘yes’.”
Pettigrew falls to 7-3.
Also on the card, Casey O’Neill stepped up to the flyweight division and made her case for a UFC shot with a dominant unanimous decision win over Caitlin McEwen. The win took her professional record to 4-0.
- Jack Della (c) def. Glen Pettigrew via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 1:55 – Eternal welterweight title
- Luke Catubig vs. Nicko Fleasas via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1, 3:53
- Casey O’Neill def. Caitlin McEwen via Decision (Unanimous – 30-26, 30-27, 30-25)
- Paul Loga def. Ryan Robertson via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 2:56
- Danial Williams def. Jake Hearl via TKO (Punches), Rd 2, 3:34
- Nav Hassanzada def. Frank Jankowski via TKO, Rd 1
- Jamie Hunt def. Ryan Cooper via Decision (Split)
- Abdullah Eltigani def. Kevin Kophamel via Decision (Unanimous)
- Steven Wong def. Shannon Staples via Decision (Unanimous)
- Jack Hooper def. Trent Carter via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1
- Kaleb Steinnokel def. Brian McGrath via TKO
- Jack Downey def. Kyle Bicknell via Submission
- Lorenz Araneda def. Dempsey Blake via Decision (Unanimous)