Pictured: Takamori gets her hand raised in main event against Banney (Source: Aftershock)
Japanese fighter Ibu Takamori defeated youngster Kaela Banney in the main event of Aftershock 27 on Saturday night.
Takamori, who was cornered by women’s MMA pioneer Megumi Fujii defeated Banney, 19 via majority decision. Two judges scored the bout 29-28 to Takamori with the other scoring it a 29-29 draw.
The bout was the only professional rules bout on the card which took place at the Royal International Convention Centre in Brisbane.
- Ibu Takamori def. Kaela Banney via Decision (Majority: 29-28, 29-28, 29-29)
Results (Amateur – B Class):
- Lance Leausa def. Dimps Gillies via Decision (Unanimous: 30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Corbin Robertson def. Manuera Urlich via Submission (Guillotine), Rd 2, 2:26
- Sam Flint def. Terence Amador via Decision (Unanimous: 30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Viet Anh Do def. Naveed Hassanzada via Decision (Unanimous: 30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Results (Amateur – C Class):
- Rob Heka def. Jason Palupe via Decision (Split: 29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Jerome Faraimo def. David Standen via Decision (Unanimous: 30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Alvaro Navarro def. Junior Milo via Submission (Armbar), Rd 1, 2:52
- Leslie Williams def. Mikhail Laptev via Decision (Unanimous: 30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- David Puuvale def. Liam Maguire via Submission (Armbar), Rd 2, 1:44
Kaela Banney vs Ibu Takamori headlines Aftershock 27