(Brad Traynor vs Ian Bone/Photo via Carnage In The Cage)
In the main event of Carnage In The Cage, Ian Bone and Brad Traynor put on a competitive bout in a fight contested under full Muaythai rules with fighters wearing MMA gloves. The two fought to a decision where Bone earned the unanimous decision victory.
Carnage In The Cage was held at the Mackay Turf Club on Saturday. The rest of the fights were contested under MMA rules which included three bouts under ‘A-class’ rules which permitted elbows on the ground.
Up-and-coming fighter Taela Kelly put on a brave effort but came out short, losing a unanimous decision to Gokhan Turkyilmaz while in a welterweight clash, both Shane Gregory and Anton Zafir were eager to pick up a win before The Ultimate Fighter: Nations trials. Only a few weeks after winning at Unarmed Combat, Anton Zafir picked up another submission win, tapping Shane Gregory with a rear-naked choke, 49-seconds into the second round.
Aden Hawke also picked up a submission win as he submitted Liam Harley with a reverse guillotine choke only 1:17 into the fight.
Muay-Thai (MMA Gloves):
- Ian Bone def Brad Traynor via Decision (Unanimous)
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz def Taela Kelly via Decision (Unanimous)
- Anton Zafir def Shane Gregory via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 0:49
- Aden Hawke def Liam Harley via Submission (Reverse Guillotine Choke), Rd 1, 1:17
- Eddie Trewin vs David Butt via Decision (Unanimous)
- Graeme Cummings def Ben Simpson via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 1:17
- William Motu vs Leki Tuitupou via Decision (Split)
- Damian Schumacher def Corey Van Jaasveldt via Submission (Americana), Rd 2, 1:22
- Remi Vigor vs Michael New via TKO (Punches), Rd 2, 2:35
- Ryan Pratt def Robert Nolan via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 2:28
- Tahiwi McGees def Jordan Edwards via Submission (Armbar), Rd 3, 2:26