Hex Fight Series 5 hits the Melbourne Pavilion on February 20, as the promotion kicks off the first Victorian MMA show of the year.
A 13-fight line-up will feature International and local promotional favourites, UFC veterans and the highly anticipated return of Priscus Fogagnolo, after a four-year long hiatus away from MMA competition.
In the headliner, Tasmania’s Priscus Fogagnolo (7-1) will be facing a difficult task in his comeback as he takes on TUF 7 Alumni Jesse Taylor (29-13). The well-traveled Californian Taylor is not a newcomer to competing on Australian shores, previously going 3-1 on local Australian promotions with the lone loss coming at the hands of Hector Lombard back in 2011.
Another high-profile international bout is scheduled for the co-main event with former Bellator fighter J.J. Ambrose (24-6) competing against Frank Trevino (12-2) who was recently released from the UFC following his loss to Sage Northcutt. Ambrose’s most recent win came by submission over Oriol Gaset at Hex FS 4.
Also of note, is a match between local hometown favourite Nick “Banjo” Patterson and seasoned Pancrase fighter Hiroki Nagaoka while in a highly touted all Victorian match, undefeated Sam Hayward faces one of his toughest challenges to date when he meets Callan Potter.
If you can’t make it down on the night, you can stream the event live on Pay-per-view at http://www.hexfightseries.com.
- Jesse Taylor vs Priscus Fogagnolo
- JJ Ambrose vs Frank Trevino
- Nick Patterson vs Hiroki Nagaoka
- Callan Potter vs Sam Hayward
- Byron Cowell vs Raja Shippen
- Ben Kelleher vs Jim Chute
- Raphael Berthet vs Suasday Chau
- Ashkan Mokhtarian vs Hanif Zainal
- Raphael Scott vs David Lescai
- Diego Caruso vs Saeed Karsaz
- Mason Lord vs Dan Ginnane
- Kora Maea vs Greg Hearne
- Aden Baron vs Trent Girdham